Monday, May 3, 2010

Pearly Whites


The twinadoes had their first dentist appointment a couple of days ago. We talked it up, read a Dora Goes to the Dentist book a lot, and practiced opening wide and counting teeth.

I was pretty sure they were going to do well, and they proved me right. The only hiccup was when they were trying to polish Nolan’s teeth. He had been really good up to that point, but when she started doing it, he rebelled. He said, “This tastes like sand in my mouth!” He was, however, very happy to operate the water fountain and get to rinse.


They were really nice about it and said it wasn’t necessary to do it on this visit anyway, but I think the precedent has been set. Any suggestions for next time?


They got a bag of loot, a prize from the toy shelf, and a balloon and we were on our way in under an hour. They also got entered into the monthly drawing and we got a message today that Nolan won! He gets to go to the office and pick his prize. Very cool first visit to the dentist, if you ask me.

Since they did so well at the dentist, we headed to the zoo as a treat. We haven’t been since Boo At The Zoo last October so the twinadoes were super excited to see their “animal friends.” We headed up to the Northern Trek and I was happy to get some really good photos (a hobby/future career, I hope) and the twinadoes were happy to get blue icees.




The weather cooperated, the twinadoes cooperated, even the animals at the zoo cooperated. I couldn’t have asked for a better day.

More pictures.

No comments: