Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives


If you know me, you know Momocho is my favorite place to eat. We started going there shortly after it opened 4 years ago and it was love at first bite. Back in the days of being just a "2 top" we often sat at the chef's counter for hours eating, drinking, and sampling anything Chef Eric threw our way. We got to know chef/owner, Eric Williams well. A fantastic Chef and all around nice guy. When I was helping gather donations for a benefit for a friend, his first words were, "tell me what you need."

When I was pregnant, I craved Eric's guacamole. He even gave me the base recipe, but it just tastes so much better when he makes it!

He welcomed the twinadoes with open arms and as soon as they could, they started eating the guac and haven't stopped.

When Eric dropped me an email and asked us to come down and be in the crowd because he was going to be featured on the Food Network show, "Diners, Drive-In's & Dives", I said, "just tell us when to be there" secretly thinking, "how in the hell am I going to lose 50lbs in a month!" So we went. We ate. We drank. They filmed. They filmed me alot. They kept asking me to take bites for them. Give commentary on what I was eating. I guess I did OK since I made the final show 3 times. I was very happy that a few of the things I said didn't make the cut. Eric came off wonderfully on TV and the food, well, the food just speaks for itself. I'm sure we are going to have a very hard time getting in the door for a while.

My facebook page was abuzz the night the show aired. It was fun. I guess that was my 15 minutes (more like 15 seconds) of fame!

Maybe they'll let me on the next season of "Dancing With The Stars."

In case you missed it, it airs again: April 2 - 9pm EDT April 3 - 12a EDT April 11- 3p EDT

No comments: