Tuesday, January 20, 2009

25 Random Things

So I've been tagged by my friends Jen and Michelle on facebook to do this 25 Random Things About Me. I'm posting it on the blog since I have that linked to facebook and this is the easiest way for me to do it. And away we go....... Rules: Once you have been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, its because I want to know more about you. 1.Roger Taylor from Duran Duran gave me one of his sweaty wristbands on my birthday a couple of years ago at a show in Baltimore. 2. I seriously considered moving to Dallas in 1994. 3. My dream is to move to Northern California and have enough money to open a small restaurant and winery. 4. I would like to have one more child. 5. I have friends that I have known since I was 1 year old :) 6. We drove to Key West for my 30th birthday (July), via Mobile Alabama (Hellabama) to visit Bill’s Grandma. The A/C in the car broke on the trip down (in a convertible) I got sun poisoning, Bill’s grandma didn’t recognize him (she thought he was the preacher; she was 101 at the time), and the super special bottle of wine we had in the trunk of the car burst and totally evaporated. Key West was a blast though. 7. I LOVE to take pictures. 8. I feel guilty when I take “me” time away from the kids. I haven’t been away from them for more than 8 straight hours since they were born. 9. I voted for Obama. Makes life interesting in our household. 10. One of my favorite food combos is a dark, dark chocolate and a Cabernet Sauvignon. 11. I can speak enough Spanish to get by in Mexico and get three drunken girls back to their hotel safe and sound. 12. I stole a bar stool from The Brickhouse (or was it already Panini’s) during a bachelorette party. 13. Back in the drinking days, I enjoyed getting under tables when I was drunk. Many people enjoyed it with me :) Drunk dialing was also another favorite. 14. My friends and I used to wear denim overalls on many of our drinking nights out. Good storage space; lots of pockets, the bib could hold a drink or two ;) 15. I dated guys named Dan.....at the same time.....and don't feel one bit guilty about it. They were both idiots. 16.I was engaged in 1994, thank God it didn’t work. 17.I was shy in high school. 18. I miss my Dad every day. He’s been gone 8 years. 19. I have met some wonderful people and awesome friends because of the internet and also use it to keep up with the ones I’ve had forever. (Thank you Al Gore.) 20. Our cat, Chandler, was the one to propose to me. He had the ring on a collar around his neck. 21. Bill and I have been together for over 10 years. 22. I had my dream job for 2 weeks several years ago. The company (Cleveland Free Times) was bought out and taken over by the town rival (the deal was deemed illegal and the paper was restored several months later.) 23. If #22 would not have happened, neither would #21. In two weeks I was out partying hardcore several times, not good on a relationship. 24. I met Francis Ford Coppola several years ago. I recognized him by his laugh since we had just watched the director comments on The Godfather. We were in his cafe in San Francisco and me being the smart ass I am, asked him why he didn’t have gnocchi on the menu (shot out to Godfather 3’s only decent scene.) 25. Some of the best times (and friends) I’ve had are because I worked for the Willoughby-Eastlake Library System for 10 years.

No comments: