Wednesday, May 6, 2009

His Grandpap Would Be Proud

www.nolanpchak.blogspot.com If you knew my Dad, you know he loved space. He would take his Saturday afternoon six-pack into the backyard and stare up into the wild blue yonder and contemplate the possibility of existence beyond Earth. Seriously, he would sit in the backyard for hours just chillin' and thinking. His favorite t-shirt said, "Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life here." Today the kids inherited a couple of Buzz Lightyear dolls. They don't know who he is, but they immediately called him their "robots." Nolan was especially interested in making him "fly" and talking to him. After he played a while (and Buzz repeatedly said "I'm Buzz Lightyear...."), I asked Nolan what his robot's name was and he answered, "George Pike." Laughing and crying at the same time. Yep, my Dad would have loved these kids, but there is a little piece of him inside my Nolan. I can feel it.

No comments: