Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When Multiples Descend

www.nolanpchak.blogspot.com

We went on an outing with my Moms Of Multiples group to the Willoughby Fire Station today.


This is what the parking lot looks like when a bunch of moms of twins and various other configurations of siblings arrive! A dozen cars, but there were probably 40 kids and parents there! Good times.

The kids have been to three fire stations already and a couple of touch-a-truck events so they were ready to just climb on stuff. Nolan has to touch EVERYTHING. He left there with hands black & greasy.



On a side note, at the beginning of the year, some the moms joined a "Biggest Loser" contest as a way to get motivated to lose weight. I joined, but as the truly biggest LOSER, I have faltered and lost any motivation I had in the beginning. I just can't find my mojo. I know how to do it. Hell, I lost 56 lbs before the twinadoes came along. I just can't find it in me and that makes me sad, which makes me eat, which makes me sad, which... you see where I'm going with this.

Anyway, back to my point. I haven't seen some of the "Biggest Losers" in a few months and they look awesome! I will consider my entry fee into the contest to be a good investment because it has obviously motivated others.

After the fire station visit, Ginger, our favorite 4-legged friend, came over to play. She and the twinadoes had a great time and got fairly dirty. I figured out a new way to get the kids in the house and get their hands clean though. Suggest they "help" wash some dishes. I've never seen them bounce into the house so quickly and proceed to get clean (and prune) hands. My floor also got a little wash, but so be it!


No comments: