Friday, September 26, 2008

The Facebook Vortex

I'm sure I'm this close to getting getting emails about my lack of updates on the blog. You see my computer time in the evenings when I used to write blog posts has been sucked up . I am cheating on blogger with facebook. I admit it. I am addicted. I have gotten in touch with people I haven't talked to in years. It is so much fun to see where life has taken them and what they are up to. I'm even working on a reunion of sorts for Thanksgiving weekend of my fellow high school thespians. Maybe that is something you didn't know about me. I used to act. Recently, I was told I should get back into it. I swear pregnancy fried all of my memory brain cells and I'm not sure I could retains lines. I was pretty shy (can you believe that?!?) in high school and joining drama club really helped to bring me out of my shell. Thanks to Carrie for convincing so many years ago that it was a good thing. I'm not sure I've ever told her that! Anyway, I met a core group of people while doing plays that greatly impacted my life. Some of them I see often, others I just email with or play blog tag, and others I haven't had contact with since the summer of 1990. That has all changed thanks to facebook. I can't wait to see these people again. As far as family stuff..... Reagan and Nolan are busy kids. They have been to storytime, shopping at Legacy Village with Grammy, parks, lunch date with their twin friends, Ava & Lydia, and dinner with Grandma P. I attended a blockwatch meeting at the police station this week and plan to become involved with them. It is active in other parts of the city, but not so much in my area. We don't have the same problems the other areas do, but it is still helpful to keep an eye out for the people in the community that need help. For example, parts of my city were without power for 3 days due to Hurricane Ike and the blockwatch helped people keep their wheelchair batteries charged and meds refrigerated by getting generators from the fire dept. I need to download a weeks worth of pictures so there will a "week in pictures" coming soon! You could always come on over to facebook and join me. We'd probably chat a lot more if you did. Come on, I dare you. All the cool kids are doing it!

1 comment:

Elsha said...

I love, love, love facebook!