Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Sorry it is a day late. I was a little busy. After 86 people come to a party at your house, there is much work to do. It was a wonderful party and the only HUGE one we are having so it was well worth it. Reagan and Nolan were superstars..... laughing and playing with everyone. Nolan only had a moment when he got a little overwhelmed by everyone singing Happy Birthday, but otherwise they were passed around like footballs and enjoyed every minute. I saw this on another blog and thought it was nice (and true) What I've Learned Since Becoming A Mom I’ve learned how to pick things up from the floor with my feet because my arms are full. I’ve learned to live with the dust bunnies - it’s much more important to play with the dinosaurs than vacuum. I’ve learned that the only time my living room will be clutter free is between 8pm and 7am. I’ve learned that chap stick and silly faces will entertain a toddler while waiting at the DMV. I’ve learned that there is nothing better than cuddling with a sleepy baby or toddler - nothing. I’ve learned that in a time of crisis, I can do what needs to be done for the sake of my child (but then fall apart later). I’ve learned that I can feel such intense love that my heart might explode. Back to working on getting the birthday pictures posted :-)

No comments: