Friday, December 12, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still.....

at least at our house. Yesterday I got an email from Bill saying the foreman bear would be over at 9am today to finish the work in the garage and fix (yet) another loose piece of siding. Did I fail to mention that a couple of weeks ago during a particularly windy night I started hearing an omonious banging on the side of the house. Of course at 3am my mind went all Tell-Tale-Heart on me, only to discover another slab of siding blowing in the wind the next morning. Yes, my friend, the aswer was blowin' in the wind. So, when I got the email about the 9am "appointment" I shot back a snarky "in what time zone" response. Around 8:45am Bill mentions that he is going to go out and move the cars, just in case. I laugh. I tell him maybe they will show about 11:45am, knock on the door with the secret bear knock, tell you they need to go get "material", and then disappear for 3 hours. At 8:57am, there it was. The secret bear knock at the door. I almost fell off my chair!!!! On time, with supplies. What next "dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" Update: I no sooner hit publish when foreman bear came in and said he was done in the garage, BUT he would have to come back to fix the siding since he didn't have his truck with the big ladder. I might as well change the sheets on the guest bed. They are never going to be done here. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, It never ends does it. This was Rodger? Brian must have gone over and personally gotten him out of the bed. I am so glad that my dad stayed here and supervised while they were doing my house. ugh, I feel horrible for you...it must be very frustrating.