Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Reagan

Dear Reagan, You are so much fun. You laugh and giggle, you joke around and find yourself very funny. You also love me more than anyone else at this moment. I'm fully aware that can and will change and you'll have your time at being a complete Daddy's girl, but for now it is all about "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" for you. That is just fine with me. Tonight you were on the floor doing flips and acting goofy and I couldn't resist getting on the floor with you and making raspberries on your belly as you laughed and pointed out your belly button. It is a big outie (thanks to a small hernia) and you are very proud of it. Of course, the raspberries made you laugh and we played kissing monster and then you grabbed my hair as it hung down in my face and tickled yours and you said "nice" as you petted me like you do to the cats. After we collapsed from the laughter you snuggled up next to me on the floor, in front of the Christmas tree. We were spooning and you grabbed my hand and put your head into it and said "awwwww." You held onto my hand for a while and watched The Backyardigans. I just put my chin on the top of your head and stared at the tree until the lights became blurry from the tears I could not hold back. Of course, being the pistol that you are, that moment could not last very long. You pulled your feet into my face and yelled "P.U." Yes, the stinky feet game you so love to play. You even hold up flowers to your scrunched up little nose of yours and say P.U. Reagan, thank you for being my girl. Thank you for this memory. I will think of it every time I look at the Christmas tree. Thank you for making me laugh and shake my head in disbelief daily because you are so smart. Thank you for being ornery and sweet all at the same. Thank you for making my night. My Christmas. My year. My life. I love you bunny, Mommy

No comments: