Friday, January 4, 2008

All Reports Look Good

Things happen early in the PICU. The neurosurgery, cranial-facial, and anesthesiology teams have been by already this morning and it is not even 7am! They all are VERY happy with Nolan's progress. They removed his bandages completely (a little shock for mommy to see for the first time, but I did research before so I knew what I was going to see) and they have turned off his oxygen feed completely. Hopefully that tube can come out soon and he can start on some clear liquids today. The drain will stay in another day or two and he will continue to be in the PICU, until the output is less than 10cc's. whatever that means! They did shave a line of his hair, but I'm sure it will be growing back quickly. Someone from the OR team was nice enough to save the clipping for me. After all it was his first haircut. Pictures (not for the faint of heart) http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=ae08b4ed80efff4b9a16dcf07a6807f9#1325563985631

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Shell.

God Bless You Sweetheart - and Billy at home with Reagan. You are amazing parents and your little boy is going to be just fine. The first thing I did this morning was check the blog ... I am so happy to hear all is going well!

I remember being in the hospital with Evan for 5 days ... sleep was a very rare treat, but your baby needs you and you are stronger than you know! As Andrew always says, "Sleep is for the weak" - which makes me weak MOST of the time!

I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Cat (Zoe and Evan too - they keep asking about their little pal Nolan and looking at his pictures!)

Rosemary Torok said...

Hi Shelley and Bill
Glad to hear little Nolan is doing well. The blog has been a great way to stay updated, and it takes me back to when my "babies" (now 18 and 19) were little. When she was 1, my older daughter had a condition that turned out to be non-life-threatening, but I remember the worry and lack of sleep until the test results were in. I can only imagine the stress you're feeling, but it seems like the worst is over.
I'll keep your family in my prayers.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

What an amazing little peanut. I have been watching this blog since yesterday and am so happy things are well.

As a mom of twins I cannot even imagine what you have and are going through.

Take care and hopefully you get some much needed sleep.

Momto3over3 (dwlz)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just checking in this morning to see how you are doing. Shel I should of warned you about how dry the hospital is.

Nolan looks great! When will they allow him to sit up? Hopefully later today?

I will keep checking in on you.

Anonymous said...

Continued thoughts and prayers going up for your whole family Shelley! (The blog was a great idea.)
Betsy

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear that Nolan is progressing so well!!! I am glad that you were able to get a little rest, Shel. Big hugs to you, Nolan, Bill and Reagan!!
Love, Lori A.