Saturday, January 5, 2008

Promising Morning

(posted by Bill) You can’t tell by looking at his swollen face (“it’s not personal...it’s strictly business”), but our little guy is recovering nicely. I sat in on doctor’s rounds this morning (and I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night-trust me), and the report was great. They’ve stopped the morphine drip, but before moving him over to Tylenol III, they will continue the morphine for a while PRN (I think that TLA* is Latin for “GEEZ that hurts! Gimme somethin’ quick!”). He had a couple more bottles of formula at midnight, and then more this morning. All input/output is good, so they removed the IV fluid line. They won't remove the drain today, but the small amount of fluid coming out is clearer. Our friend Rick wisely recommended that Nolan be pretty heavily medicated for its removal, as it hurts like all get out (that “PRN” thing will probably come in handy). For those who really would like to see how he looks today, here’s a link (parents, set your v-chip on heavy stun). Please keep in mind that he is sleeping peacefully, more cognizant of my presence, and able to grip things, such as my hand, his blanket, or monkey. As we speak, his one hand is in the air, with his fingers rythmically twitching to the music. We’re waiting for word of his release to general population. *TLA- three letter acronym. The irony kills me ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the updates. I think of Nolan daily, and of course your entire family.

Sandy (momto3over3 at dwlz)