Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Saturday Evening Post

Mommy's Back.......

On the Nolan front..... We are still in the PICU. Everyone was saying we would probably move today, but that is not going to happen. Nolan was weaned off his morphine drip earlier and onto Tylenol w/codeine, but that didn't work out. He was pretty upset this afternoon and it is the first time we saw real tears from him during all of this so he got a dose of morphine. I will not let my boy be in pain.

His swelling is up considerably this afternoon. It was very upsetting for me to walk in and see him today. They told me that it is possible that his swelling could get so bad that his eyelids flip inside out. It also causes him trouble breathing when he tries to eat. Think about being all stuffed up with a cold and not being able to breath out of your mouth. No fun. I know in a few days it will go down, but it is really hard to see him this way.

A bit of irony for Browns fans: The two rooms across the hall from us in the PICU are occupied by Braylon and Brady!


Miss Reagan had a good morning with Mommy. We ran to the store to stock up on beverages and snacks so we can just keep a stash in the car and when Daddy and I rotate shifts we can take stuff to the room.

We also stopped to get she and Nolan some new pants. She is growing up and out so fast we can't keep her in pants.

It was very weird for me to only have Reagan with me. While it may be back breaking to lug two babies around, they are so much fun that I don't care. We were, however, able to get in and out of the store faster since we didn't get stopped by so many people and have to answer the eternal question "Are they identical?"

Reagan "talked" to Nolan's picture this morning over plums, bananas, and oats. She is still looking at his highchair, wondering where he is. I brought a pair of her PJ's for Nolan to smell today. He grabbed them and held them up to his face for a while. I'm sure he misses her. I know I miss them being together terribly.

.

For those of you that have been on the receiving end of one of Reagan's glares, you know this face well.

For those of you that haven't..... be afraid, be very afraid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you guys. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. We will be more than willing to do whatever you need.

*hugs*

- Brenda, Justin and Jared